Tuesday, February 26, 2013

We're Having a Baby!

February 26, 2013

On September 13, 2012 we found out we are expecting our first baby and I am due on May 22, 2013.  We are so excited to start a family, and we found out a few weeks ago we're having a boy!  Of course, the hubby is thrilled, as am I.  We have picked out a name for the little guy too, Elijah Lee Allen.  I cannot wait to meet him!

We've been in Colorado 2 1/2 years now and feel like we have settled right in.  We both found jobs we love (me especially, I really lucked out!), we made some good friends, bought a house, and now we are starting our family here.  All in all Colorado has been a wonderful place for us to call home and has enhanced Rich and I's relationship.

The time we've been here we have spent hiking, camping, fishing, exploring, etc... but really, all that time has only brought us closer and our friendship stronger.  We are looking forward to not only continuing to do all those things, but getting to do them with our little boy along for the ride.  I cannot wait to watch him play in the dirt while hiking, or catch his first fish, or take his first bike ride.  That's why I thought it was best to add to this blog, which may become a Colorado with kids blog, but that's ok too!

Pregnancy has been an unusual experience for me.  Not much morning sickness, which was nice, but other joys that friends warned  me about have all happened.  I am still overwhelmed with joy and anticipation though.  My husband has been more than supportive and amazing, especially through the emotional roller coaster that comes from hormones.  It seems I cry for no reason, but he is there with open arms and ice cream.  I love that man!

The nursery is almost all set up and it looks adorable!  Of course, the theme is fly fishing.  I just hope he likes to fly fish!  I will post pictures as soon as we have it all done.

Stay tuned, we're in for quite an adventure!



No comments:

Post a Comment