Sunday, August 26, 2012

Gnome Hunting at the Denver Museum of Nature and Science

August 7, 2012

I have been to the Denver Museum of Nature and Science twice before this visit, but never have I enjoyed it so much!  Shortly after moving to Colorado I saw a story on the news about hidden gnomes painted in the dioramas at the museum.  I quickly searched for them the first couple of times I was there but the crowd I was with thought gnome hunting sounded lame.  So I let it go.

When my best friend Kimberlee came to visit with her husband and 8 year old daughter I told her about the tale of the gnomes and of course she was intrigued as well.  This is why she is my best friend!  So, we spent the day hunting for gnomes!  What a day!  We actually found quite a few on our own before we realized the museum provides you with a detailed list of where to find the gnomes.  We were too good for that though and felt very proud of ourselves for finding most of them without any assistance.

We found six painted gnomes, a gnome constellation, two 3D gnome figurines, and Yoda.

.









We had a lot of fun with this!  I didn't type out the specific locations of all these since you can get it at the information desk, but this way you can see what you're looking for should you decide to go gnome hunting at the Denver Museum of Nature and Science.  I highly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment