Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park

September 23, 2011

Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park actually surprised me!  We had a wonderful time!

The visit to the park starts at the base of the mountain.  You have to take a gondola ride to the top, which is a beautiful ride.

In September this park is a ghost town, which has its advantages and disadvantages.  The nice part was it wasn't crowded and we didn't have to wait for any rides.  The down side was most of the snack places and some attractions were closed.

We were able to ride the rides we wanted to ride though.  I haven't tried many alpine slides, but I would guess the one at this park is pretty cool in comparison!  You sit in a toboggan on rails and you get going pretty fast, I even had to use the brake on some turns.

Then we tried the Soaring Eagle Zip Line.  Having done a real zip line I found this one pretty lame, but it would be very kid friendly.  I am an adventure seeker, however, so it's was just so so for me, but my mother in lawn enjoyed it very much.  

Two people sit next to each other on a bench in a seat belt, then you ride down the zip line and get pulled back up backwards.  Yeah, not exciting...

But, the best ride at the park is by far Giant Canyon Swing!  We rode this three times.  You have to at least ride it twice to experience it on both sides.  The ride seats only 4 people, two on each side.  On one side when you swing you're looking straight down into the canyon, and you are high above the ground.  It's pretty scary!  On the other side you see nothing but sky when you swing over the canyon and it's a whole other rush!   Below is our video of the ride... So awesome!



I liked this park.  We all had a great time.  I highly recommend it! I am typing this almost a year later, but I hear there is a new rollercoaster addition to the park, so we are looking forward to going back in a couple months!

No comments:

Post a Comment