Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Copeland Falls, Calypso Cascades, and Ouzel Falls

July 17, 2011

I would rate this trail pretty high on the difficulty to scenery scale.  Roundtrip this trail is about 6.5 miles and it's easy in the beginning but gets a little steep just past Calypso Cascades.  It's not a hard trail and we got to see three beautiful waterfalls!

Copeland Falls

The first waterfall is only .2 miles into the trail.  It's Copeland Falls.  Considering the amount of snow the mountains had this past winter I bet this waterfall isn't typically this raging, but it was still beautiful.





Calypso Cascades
Calypso Cascades is the next waterfall we came to.  No matter how hard I tried I couldn't get the entire cascades into one picture.  This is the best I could do.  Across this waterfall is a cute wooden bridge that made for perfect pictures above the falls.

The final waterfall, and the end of the one way trail is Ouzel falls.  Again, I couldn't get the whole view into one picture, but it's tough to take a bad picture when this is your scenery.

I enjoyed this hike very much.  It's on the east side of Rocky Mountain National Park so the elevation is pretty low, which makes it a hike you can get to easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment